Dodge Barracuda – 2020: 20 Facts to Know
There’s a piece of news spreading among the car enthusiasts that the New Dodge Barracuda 2020 is making a comeback! And hence we thought to share some facts about The Barracuda Car.
It’s not a surprise that almost every car forum is rumored to have a buzz about new dodge barracuda. In fact, everyone is relating it to the similar rebirth of Plymouth to the Dodge Challenger. Without further ado, the following is the list of facts for the expected muscle car of 2020 i.e. The Dodge Barracuda.
2020 Dodge Barracuda Facts
The New Model will have Better Chassis :
- Rumors are there about the New barracuda chassis to be inspired by SRT Challenger. Thought the new reincarnated barracuda will be manufactured in small lot, it will serve in a larger way for its enthusiasts. It is also expected that the new model will have rear wheel drive platform from the Alfa Romeo Giulia.
Redefined Design for the muscle car :
- The new 2020 Dodge Barracuda will have smaller design platforms on a muscle car body platform. As a matter of fact, the barracuda is being compared with the dodge challenger and one could assume, smaller body design means a better power ratio for the engine. No matter what the rumor is but one fact for sure is the smooth aerodynamics of the new models of barracuda.
Advertisements(Ads by Google):
When is the Dodge Barracuda coming out?
- As we say we should always take benefit of the doubt while discussing the Plymouth barracuda aka Dodge barracuda. The rumors of barracuda comeback started floating since 2003 followed by 2012 , however, this time the leaked pictures and concepts have given better hope for the 2020 comeback and we can’t control our excitement for the same.
Will the Challenger be discontinued?
- With the expected buzz of barracuda’s comeback, it has been sure that the dodge challenger will not be discontinued.
Barracuda to replace Dodge Viper.
- The Dodge Viper was a legendary car with beautiful performance and power but it ceased the production due to safety and emissions levels in 2017. It is rumored that the new Dodge Barracuda production will take place in Conner Avenue Plant by utilizing dodge viper’s resources. A good notion to have that the new expected models of barracuda will have viper’s marks including dodge’s logo 😉
New Features of Dodge Barracuda 2020 :
- We’d not disappoint you with any false information but the new dodge barracuda is set to have identical chassis setup inspired from the Alpha Romeo Giulia. The slim body with better rear dynamics including the suspension will definitely give the new model of barracuda a better performance. We’d be able to give you more insights regarding the features post the official launch.
Advertisements(Ads by Google):
- As said earlier the new model of barracuda will use resources from Dodge viper, we assume the engine specs will be 6.2L or 6.5 L Engine with a bore of 105.4 mm for better power strokes and gear ratio. Another expected thought about the new model is that it will have better acceleration compared to it’s earlier models.
How much will the dodge barracuda cost?
- The price of the new 2020 barracuda will be quite affordable similar to Dodge Challenger. Though the new model seems to have quite a good rumor of a large price it’s not the actual case. Dodge is planning to sell this new model by targeting in the range of Camaro and Mustang hence the price tag will be around $28,000 for the base model.
How will be the suspension of new models of dodge barracuda?
- New model of Dodge cuda is set to have wider body frame with better powertrain hence according to our sources we assume that the new suspension is designed to have better stability for enhancing the top speed of 203 mph. The suspension is expected to be of rear axle setup similar to challenger cars.
Interior of Dodge Barracuda :
- The expected barracuda is not only having thought proven aerodynamics with curvy exterior but a lot of effort has been put into the interior as well. Unlike earlier muscle cars, the new dodge will have state of the art infotainment coupled with luxury and sport features complementing the power image of a muscle car.
What Year the Dodge Barracuda was decommissioned?
- The Barracuda was decommissioned in 1974 due to energy crisis. Since 2007, there has been speculations that the Dodge is planning to revive this brand in the line of muscle cars . As of now , in 2020 rumors are there the New Barracuda will make a comeback.
When will Dodge Barracuda production begin?
- The Dodge Barracuda production will start at the mid year of 2020. According to sources the design and concept art is already finalized but the acrylic models are yet to be shown.
Advertisements(Ads by Google):
So these were some of the above facts, let’s discuss about some of the interesting facts about popular Plymouth Barracuda.
History of Plymouth Barracuda Cars
The Plymouth Barracuda appeared in following movies such as Jumanji 1995, Hot Rods to Hell, 1967; The Wraith, 1986 etc.
Plymouth Barracuda v/s. Ford Mustang?
The Barracuda was earlier marketed under the Plymouth brand and it was based on the engine and design configurations of Plymouth Valiant. The Barracuda was marketed against the Ford Mustang model which debuted 16 days later the Cuda was launched.
The Barracuda was first car to be termed as muscle car of the 60’s decade. When Ford launched the Mustang, rumors are it was called as pony car due to the horse badge. Had there been a term as Shark Cars, the barracuda would have had definitely a position for it. There’s a very interesting fact about the Name – Barracuda. In 60’s decade, Ford and Chevy were heavily dominating the affordable car market , hence Chrysler launched Plymouth Brand for the affordable car segment. By including the Plymouth Vaiant for taking on against Ford Mustang, Chrysler did a very right decision, however earlier the name for their new model was termed as “Panda”. Fortunately a lot of emphasis was added on naming and they came up with “Barracuda” title.
1965 was the year known as the turning point for Barracuda Family. Earlier these beasts were termed as Family car due to modest engine configuration and power output. However when competition became stiff in 1965; Plymouth did serious development in it’s V8 engine by improving it’s power till 235 horsepower. People began noticing the Barracuda as a serious competitor against Ford Mustang.
1967: The Year of Second-generation Barracuda and departure of Valiant.
In 1967, the guys at Plymouth were quite proactive in transforming the whole Barracuda model. They swapped the original slant-six option engine with bigger V8 engine. On exterior they redesigned the whole bubble top into more muscular look and sleeker front rear as well as curvy edges. In true sense the 67 was the game charger year for Barracuda.
With the advent of new technologies and features, Plymouth guys transformed the Barracuda by deploying big commando engine which purred 300 horsepower. Thanks to addition of 7.0 litre hemi engines for super stock racing, the Barracuda became a strong symbol for car lovers.
The Cuda is the segmented branch of barracuda by means of Performance. One could say the distinguishment is similar to that between Shelby and Mustang. Cuda was launched in 1969 with 330 horsepower under the hood. In fact there has been a cult following behind Cuda brand; for them, It’s Cuda or Nothing!
The 1970 was the year for complete makeover of Cuda as Anti Valiant. The 1970 year model saw lot of exterior changes such as the whole body frame was inspired from Challenger with smaller dimensions and this gave a bold look to the Cuda at last. The Cuda was being available in 3 options such as the base , the luxurious Gran Coupe (GP) and the sporty ‘Cuda (BS). By the end of 1970s Various motor races were seeing “Cudas” as leading models.
1974 was the year when Barracudas saw it’s retirement. By the end of 1974 the oil crisis was on rise and it was a dark era for muscle cars. During this era the cars were being retired at Garages and many of the brands were forced to discontinue their famous cars. It was the same time when Plymouth gave the best Barracuda of all time i.e. The 1970 Hemi Cuda. It was a very powerful car with 425hp and 490 lb-ft torque. Due to the energy crisis this hemi cuda couldn’t see lot of light and that’s why it’s still one of the rarest car models.
Is there any information about 2021 dodge barracuda release date?
Dodge has been tight-lipped about the Barracuda’s return, but there are some rumors swirling around about its possible release date.
Some believe that the Barracuda should have made its comeback in 2021, while others think it could be as late as 2022. Dodge has not confirmed anything yet, so we’ll just have to wait and see.
is there any electric dodge muscle car?
Dodge isn’t saying much about the new Baracuda just yet, but we do know that it will be based on the same platform as the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivan. That means it will have plenty of space for batteries and an electric motor or two.